Last week the plasterers finished and the scaffolding and covers are now gone. It now starts to look as a real house. With the outside finished the focus is now on the inside. Esther did the staining of the floor, which is looking good, and we started with the internal lining. The bathroom done, half the kids bedroom and the loft area. Still a lot of work needs to be done before moving in, which is not far away. Have to keep our fingers crossed.
This will be - is our story of building our new strawbale home. It has been in the make for about two years but in March 2009 we started building. We identified sunny, family friendly, not luxurious but comfortable and environmental friendly as key concepts for the design brief. The home also needed to blend in with its environment and designed to deal with some of the climate conditions - in particular persistent and by times strong north-westerly winds.