Got something to write about again. The first bales went up last week (20 August). The previous weekend we emptied out the garage and shifted the bales into the new house. This was just under a third of the total bales and should be enough to do the girls bedrooms on the eastern side and the hallway. Pim had a go baling with the builders on friday and together we did some more over the weekend.
This will be - is our story of building our new strawbale home. It has been in the make for about two years but in March 2009 we started building. We identified sunny, family friendly, not luxurious but comfortable and environmental friendly as key concepts for the design brief. The home also needed to blend in with its environment and designed to deal with some of the climate conditions - in particular persistent and by times strong north-westerly winds.